During the annual conference of the International Association of Political Consultants in Dublin 1995, Sepp Hartinger from Austria and Michel Bongrand from France decided to start an initiative to found the European Association of Political Consultants. One year later in September 1996 the first EAPC conference took place in Vienna with colleagues from Austria, Germany, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, France and USA.
In the following years EAPC was growing to a platform of political consultants and public affairs professionals in Europe with the main goals to learn from each other, to exchange experiences and to support democracy at the best way.
With the project “election time” EAPC has done an exciting book project during 2003 and 2005, presenting the best election campaigns.
In 2015 EAPC launched a digital archive under the heading “elections of the world”, a project through the internet with more than 2.000 examples of political campaigns.
Currently EAPC has around 50 members from 20 countries.
One further main activity of EAPC is the annual meeting in May, an event where experts present the newest trends in political campaigning and where participants can exchange experiences in a very personal way.
The EAPC cooperates very close with other professional associations in political consulting business like IAPC, AAPC or ALACOP.
• Sepp Hartinger, Austria 1996 – 1998
• Volker Riegger, Germany 1998 – 2000
• Andrey Bulychev, Russia 2000 – 2002
• Mario Ballerini, Italy 2002 – 2004
• Mehmet Ural, Turkey 2004 – 2006
• Bo Krogvig, Sweden 2006 – 2008
• Christoph Hofinger, Austria 2008 – 2010
• Gerlinde Manz-Christ, Liechtenstein 2010 – 2012
• Jan Juul Christensen, Denmark 2012 – 2014
• Necati Özkan, Turkey 2014 – 2016